The kitchen is always one of the most important rooms of the house. One has their fondest memories in the kitchen, be it sneaking chocolates as kids or taking cooking lessons from mom or grandma. The kitchen is a place where love is cooked! Also in every get-together, irrespective of how big the house is, people tend to gather in the kitchen, especially women. All this makes it all the more important that the kitchen should be user friendly and should look neat and presentable. People make small mistakes, which initially seem unimportant while renovating the kitchen, in the long run make things difficult.
Common mistakes to avoid while renovating the kitchen are…
1. DIY designs- Though one must be the DIY kinds, but a professional help is always the best. One must always consult a professional before beginning the work. These days a number of companies, offer free consultation, which is very important for a clearer idea to remodel the place.
2. Less countertops- Everybody wants a spacious and decorative kitchen, but it has to be useful as well. Less countertops means lesser working space in eventually means it uncomfortable to work. One must keep in mind the use, not only the present but also of the future and then have adequate countertop for clutter free working.
3. Obstructed pathway to the kitchen triangle- The sink, refrigerator and the stove are known as the kitchen triangle, and are the most used areas of the kitchen. If these areas are easy to access, it becomes easy to do the chores or else it leads to messy kitchens, and working in the kitchen gets difficult.
4. Floor tiles- Kitchen being the place where one can see maximum spillage one must choose flooring depending upon its utility and not based on looks. Kitchen flooring should always be moisture resistant and keeps maintaining and keeping clean and dry.
5. Functionality first- This is the most important aspect of any kind of renovation, because usefulness is more important than the looks. Placement as well as the size of the kitchen cabinets should be according to what is going to be placed in the cabinets and also its material should be durable and should be able to withstand the wear and tear of time.
With times changing, the importance of kitchen has increased. It’s not only a place to cook, but lately a lot have families even have their dining area in the kitchen itself. With this growing importance, more and more number of people is considering renovating their kitchen and looking for ways to make it more spacious, durable and also looking neat and clean. Keeping the above tips in mind one can definitely create a useful, beautiful and happy kitchen for themselves and the family. Make sure to work with a professional and reputable kitchen contractor in your area!